Racer X Cycling team – Membership application
Racer X Cycling (RXC) – Vision, Mission and Values
Racer X Cycling is a bike race team located in Golden, Colorado. We have a strong, winning presence in the Front Range road racing events, as well as, in mountain bike racing and cyclocross events. We are a team comprised of Beginner Cat 5, Masters, and Cat 1-4 racers. Racer X Cycling provides a well-managed support structure, training programs and camps, and team environment for the committed beginner, intermediate and experienced female and male racers wanting to further improve their skills and reach their personal racing goals. We love our sport and we believe in camaraderie, training, racing, and giving back to the team and our community through mentoring and volunteering. Our team operates around a strong sense of camaraderie and support for each other. Most importantly, we love to race our bikes!
- Every racer on Racer X Cycling is expected to participate actively within the team in order to contribute to Racer X Cycling’s mission and goals by supporting and participating in team events, volunteering, training, and racing.
- Every Racer X Cycling member is required to sign up for and race in a minimum of five (5) sanctioned races in 2017 to maintain team membership.
- Every Racer X Cycling member is required to volunteer for at least two (2) team internal, external, or general community events in 2017 to maintain team membership.
- NOTE: Race participation and volunteer commitment will be tracked.
- Members must list “Racer X Cycling “as primary sponsor on their race entry forms.
- While a member of Racer X Cycling you will not race for another team during the race calendar year, without team management permission.
- Members must wear the most current Racer X Cycling racing kit during races.
- Sponsorship deals are STRICTLY for Racer X Cycling members only and must not be communicated to individuals outside the Racer X Cycling team. Violation will, at the Board’s discretion, result in automatic dismissal from the Racer X Cycling Team.
- 2017 Racer X Cycling membership term runs January 1st (or your sign up date if applicable) and ends on December 31st. A complete 2017 membership application, full payment and team approval is required to be accepted as a Racer X Cycling team member.
- The 2017 Racer X Cycling membership fee is $255. This includes a $180 custom Castelli race team base kit credit (1 each of: short-sleeve jersey, shorts or bib shorts, and pair of socks – Note: offering might be different between first team order in November and subsequent team orders).
- If your application is submitted after October 15, 2016, you are not guaranteed your team kit and additional clothing to arrive by the start of the 2017 racing season.
Accident Waiver and Release of Liability
IN CONSIDERATION of being permitted to participate in any way in any type of Racer X Cycling or Big Time Racing, LLC activities (collectively, “Activities”), I acknowledge that these Activities are an extreme test of a person’s physical and mental limits, and I voluntarily assume all risks of all loss, damage or injury occurring in connection with such Activities. I fully understand that my participation carries with it the potential for death, serious injury, and property loss. The risks include, but are not limited to, those caused by terrain, facilities, temperature, weather, conditions of athletes, equipment, vehicular traffic, lack of hydration, actions of other people including, but not limited to, participants, volunteers, spectators, coaches, event officials, and event monitors, and/or producers of the event. These risks affect not only athletes, but also volunteers. I hereby assume all of the risks of participating and/or volunteering in these Activities. I realize that liability may arise from negligence or carelessness on the part of the persons or entities being released, or from dangerous or defective equipment or property owned, maintained or controlled by them.
I certify that I am physically fit, have sufficiently trained for participation in these Activities and have not been advised otherwise by a qualified medical person.
I acknowledge that this Accident Waiver and Release of Liability (“Waiver and Release”) will be used by the event holders, sponsors and organizers, in which I may participate and that it will govern my actions and responsibilities at said Activities.
In consideration of my application and permitting me to participate in these Activities, I hereby take action for myself, my executors, administrators, heirs, next of kin, successors, and assigns as follows: (A) WAIVE, RELEASE and DISCHARGE from any and all liability, claims, demands, actions or rights of action, which are related to my death, disability, personal injury, property damage, property theft or actions of any kind which may hereafter accrue to me which are related to or are in any way connected with participation in any and all Racer X Cycling or Big Time Racing, LLC Activities (related and sponsored) or result from my traveling to or from these Activities, THE FOLLOWING ENTITIES OR PERSONS: Racer X Cycling, and Big Time Racing, LLC and its directors, officers, employees, volunteers, representatives, agents, contractors, sponsors, the event holders, event sponsors, event directors, event volunteers and their successors, assigns and insurers; and (B) INDEMNIFY AND HOLD HARMLESS the entities or persons mentioned in this paragraph from any and all liabilities or claims made by other individuals or entities as a result of any of my actions during these Activities. I UNDERSTAND THAT THIS IS A LEGAL DOCUMENT AND THAT BY SIGNING IT I AM GIVING UP MY RIGHT TO SUE OR OTHERWISE MAKE A CLAIM against Racer X Cycling or Big Time Racing, LLC and all other entities and persons mentioned in this paragraph.
I intend this Waiver and Release to be effective whether or not any loss, damage, injury or death RESULTS FROM NEGLIGENCE of Racer X Cycling or Big Time Racing, LLC or any of its directors, officers, employees, volunteers, representatives, agents, contractors, sponsors, the event holders, event sponsors, event directors, event volunteers and their successors, assigns and insurers. I understand that negligence means a failure to do an act which a reasonably careful person would do, or the doing of an act which a reasonably careful person would not do, under the same or similar circumstances to protect himself, herself or others from injury or death.
I hereby consent to receive medical treatment which may be deemed advisable in the event of injury, accident and/or illness during this event. In the event of accident and/or injury I further consent to the release of any and all transport, treatment and or medical information to Racer X Cycling or Big Time Racing, LLC relating there to.
I understand that at these Activities or related events, I may be photographed. I agree to allow my photo, video, film likeness and email address to be used for any legitimate purpose by the event holders, producers, sponsors, organizers and or assigns.
I agree to wear an ANSI or SNELL approved helmet and to ride in accordance with all applicable laws.
This Waiver and Release shall be construed broadly to provide a release and waiver to the maximum extent permissible under applicable law.
If this sounds go to you click here to apply. Apply