New racers, please click here to join for 2017
Please read through the information below and complete the form. Once we receive your submission and payment you will be an official Racer X Cycling returning team member for 2017!
What Is The Renewal Timeline?
Racer X Cycling is accepting renewals for the 2017 racing season from August 31st, 2016 through November, 2017.
How Can You Get The Most Value Out Of Your Membership With Racer X Cycling?
- Get an account on the team website (www.racerxcycling.com) and use it to get information about upcoming races, training opportunities, and other events.
- Read the Racer X Cycling Newsletter sent to our members via email once every week for all the latest and greatest exciting and informative news about team events, training, races, sponsors and team members.
- Enjoy your Castelli racing kit. Your membership fee is considerably less than the retail price of this high quality Italian race clothing manufactured in the USA.
- Participate in the wide selection of training opportunities including Saturday morning training rides, casual Sunday group rides, winter time spin sessions, team organized training camps, skill clinics for road, CX, and MTB, and more.
- Watch for specials from our sponsors. Bike shops, bike manufacturers, accessory and nutrition sponsors offer special deals to Racer X Cycling team members on a regular basis.
- Volunteer for the team. The team is built on and needs your help and support for team internal events, race support, and giving back to our community.
- Be a committed racer and enjoy the camaraderie and support of fellow race team members.
- Train hard and race harder!
- Every racer on Racer X Cycling is expected to participate actively within the team in order to contribute to Racer X Cycling’s mission and goals by supporting and participating in team events, volunteering, training, and racing.
- Every Racer X Cycling member is required to sign up for and race in a minimum of five (5) sanctioned races in 2017 to maintain team membership.
- Every Racer X Cycling member is required to volunteer for at least two (2) team internal, external, or general community events in 2017 to maintain team membership.
- NOTE: Race participation and volunteer commitment will be tracked.
- Members must list “Racer X Cycling” as primary sponsor on their race entry forms.
- While a member of Racer X Cycling you will not race for another team during the race calendar year, without team management permission.
- Members must wear the most current Racer X Cycling racing kit during races.
- Sponsorship deals are STRICTLY for Racer X Cycling members only and must not be communicated to individuals outside the Racer X Cycling team. Violation will, at the Board’s discretion, result in automatic dismissal from the Racer X Cycling team.
- 2017 Racer X Cycling membership term runs from January 1st (or your sign up date if applicable) and ends on December 31st. A complete 2017 Membership Application and full payment is required to be accepted as a Racer X Cycling team member.
- The 2017 Racer X Cycling membership fee is $255. This includes a $180 custom CASTELLI race team base kit credit (1 each of: short-sleeve jersey, shorts or bib shorts, and pair of socks – Note: offering might be different between first team order in September and subsequent team orders).
- If your application is submitted after October 10, 2016, you are not guaranteed your team kit and additional clothing to arrive by the start of the 2017 racing season.
Note: In order to qualify for BRAC Rocky Mountain Cup and Cross Cup point awards you must purchase both an annual USAC and BRAC license!!
Racer X Cycling Reward Program
• To recognize and reward the accomplishments of our team members, and to encourage our team members to actively participate in competitive cycling events and volunteer efforts in alignment with our race team’s vision and mission, every Racer X Cycling member automatically gets enrolled into the Racer X Cycling Reward (RXR) program.
• Racer X Cycling team members’ race results as well as volunteer efforts will be tracked by the Racer X Cycling board.
• In general, Racer X Cycling distributes sponsorship funds and other income, minus operating expenses and an operational safety fund for the coming year, as racer rewards/reimbursement to Racer X Cycling members who qualify under the rules listed below.
• Racer X Cycling Rewards will be distributed for the following: Race participation and placings (individual and GC if applicable) – calculated point score. Race category upgrades. State, national, or world championship. BRAC RMRC and CCC winner. MTB series winner.
• The weight/importance each race on the calendar carries (and therefore impacting overall race points score) depends on the goals for each individual racing discipline (road, MTB, cross) and is decided on and communicated by the Racer X Cycling BOD prior to the start of the race season. Usually the race weight is driven by BRAC Cup and MTB series team goals.
• Racer X Cycling Rewards can include cash, complimentary memberships, gift certificates, prizes, and other rewards.
• If an individual racer or a racer’s category has a specific incentive or reimbursement budget allocation, the racer may not be eligible for additional Racer X Cycling Rewards.
To qualify for any of the incentives listed above you must adhere to the following Racer X Cycling Reward (RXR) program rules:
• Members must list Racer X Cycling as primary sponsor on their race entry forms. If a rider chooses to list another sponsor, he/she will not receive Racer X Cycling Reward points for the related race.
• Members must wear the most current Racer X Cycling racing kit during races. If a racer chooses not to wear the kit, he/she will not receive Racer X Cycling Reward points for the related race. The only exception to this rule are races requiring multiple clothing changes. In this case the Racer X Cycling race kit will need to be worn during at least one portion of the race.
• Members are required to sign up for and race in a minimum of five (5) sanctioned races.*
• Members are required to volunteer at a minimum for two (2) team internal or external or general community events.
• To be eligible for cash reimbursement and/or complimentary memberships members are required to race a minimum of ten (10) times and fulfill listed volunteer requirement.*
• Pro, Cat1, and Cat2 racers as well as Cat 1 MTB racers will be eligible for a complimentary race kit for 2017 after completion of fifteen (15) races.*
* MTB endurance races over 50 miles count as two (2) races, over 100 miles count as three (3) races
Accident Waiver and Release of Liability
IN CONSIDERATION of being permitted to participate in any way in any type of Racer X Cycling, or Big Time Racing, LLC activities (collectively, “Activities”),
I acknowledge that these Activities are an extreme test of a person’s physical and mental limits, and I voluntarily assume all risks of all loss, damage or injury occurring in connection with such Activities. I fully understand that my participation carries with it the potential for death, serious injury, and property loss. The risks include, but are not limited to, those caused by terrain, facilities, temperature, weather, conditions of athletes, equipment, vehicular traffic, lack of hydration, actions of other people including, but not limited to, participants, volunteers, spectators, coaches, event officials, and event monitors, and/or producers of the event. These risks affect not only athletes, but also volunteers. I hereby assume all of the risks of participating and/or volunteering in these Activities. I realize that liability may arise from negligence or carelessness on the part of the persons or entities being released, or from dangerous or defective equipment or property owned, maintained or controlled by them.
I certify that I am physically fit, have sufficiently trained for participation in these Activities and have not been advised otherwise by a qualified medical person.
I acknowledge that this Accident Waiver and Release of Liability (“Waiver and Release”) will be used by the event holders, sponsors and organizers, in which I may participate and that it will govern my actions and responsibilities at said Activities.
In consideration of my application and permitting me to participate in these Activities, I hereby take action for myself, my executors, administrators, heirs, next of kin, successors, and assigns as follows: (A) WAIVE, RELEASE and DISCHARGE from any and all liability, claims, demands, actions or rights of action, which are related to my death, disability, personal injury, property damage, property theft or actions of any kind which may hereafter accrue to me which are related to or are in any way connected with participation in any and all Racer X Cycling, or Big Time Racing, LLC Activities (related and sponsored) or result from my traveling to or from these Activities, THE FOLLOWING ENTITIES OR PERSONS: Racer X Cycling, and Big Time Racing, LLC and its directors, officers, employees, volunteers, representatives, agents, contractors, sponsors, the event holders, event sponsors, event directors, event volunteers and their successors, assigns and insurers; and (B) INDEMNIFY AND HOLD HARMLESS the entities or persons mentioned in this paragraph from any and all liabilities or claims made by other individuals or entities as a result of any of my actions during these Activities. I UNDERSTAND THAT THIS IS A LEGAL DOCUMENT AND THAT BY SIGNING IT I AM GIVING UP MY RIGHT TO SUE OR OTHERWISE MAKE A CLAIM against Racer X Cycling, or Big Time Racing, LLC and all other entities and persons mentioned in this paragraph.
I intend this Waiver and Release to be effective whether or not any loss, damage, injury or death RESULTS FROM NEGLIGENCE of Racer X Cycling, or Big Time Racing, LLC or any of its directors, officers, employees, volunteers, representatives, agents, contractors, sponsors, the event holders, event sponsors, event directors, event volunteers and their successors, assigns and insurers. I understand that negligence means a failure to do an act which a reasonably careful person would do, or the doing of an act which a reasonably careful person would not do, under the same or similar circumstances to protect himself, herself or others from injury or death.
I hereby consent to receive medical treatment which may be deemed advisable in the event of injury, accident and/or illness during this event. In the event of accident and/or injury I further consent to the release of any and all transport, treatment and or medical information to Racer X Cycling, or Big Time Racing, LLC relating there to.
I understand that at these Activities or related events, I may be photographed. I agree to allow my photo, video, film likeness and email address to be used for any legitimate purpose by the event holders, producers, sponsors, organizers and or assigns.
I agree to wear an ANSI or SNELL approved helmet and to ride in accordance with all applicable laws.
This Waiver and Release shall be construed broadly to provide a release and waiver to the maximum extent permissible under applicable law.
2017 Racer X Cycling Membership and Clothing Payment Instructions
Your payment of the $255 application fee will be split into two payments as follows:
- $75 Membership Fee (to be paid with this application – see below)
- $180 Clothing Fee for your Racer X Cycling Team Kit – once we receive this application from you, Racer X Cycling Clothing will issue you login credentials and order instructions for our Online Clothing Store. Once you get this information you will be able to order your Racer X Cycling base kit (=$180) as well as any additional Racer X Cycling custom or general Castelli Inline (if applicable) clothing items (Note: Sales tax as well as a $3 shipping charge will be added to your clothing order).